* The plot was a unique twist on the ruined woman trope. It showcased Serena's character delightfully. It also brought up issues of consent and actually taught me something about the legal system of the time. Best of all, it wasn't boring!
* The interactions between Hugo and Serena were wonderful. Witty and emotionally engaging.
* I will never look at hairpins the same way again! To say more would spoil it.
* The beginning seemed a little stilted to me but quickly changed to an easier flow.
* I wish it would have been longer so there could be richer development.I can't wait for the books in this series to come out!